Carmageddon No Match for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2'
Theaters close to the 405 freeway don’t see any slow down.
Not even carmageddon could slow down the boy wizard.
In fact, Warner Bros.’ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 saw some of its best grosses from theaters closest to the 405 freeway.
Specifically, the movie earned $256,000 on Friday and Saturday at the ArcLight Sherman Oaks, which is situated only minutes away from where the 405 was shut down.
Business was so good that ArcLight Sherman Oaks was No. 8 on the list of top grossing theaters nationwide.
The Irvine Spectrum 21 in Orange County was the top-grossing theater in the greater Los Angeles area, taking in $268,000. The multiplex is also located near the 405, although far enough south that it was less impacted by the closure.
“The work on the 405 might have caused more potholes, but it couldn’t hurt Harry Potter,” noted Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR