Carmike Cinemas hires Sony executive
John Lundin will oversee the company's studio relationships
Carmike Cinemas on Tuesday named industry veteran John Lundin as vp film to oversee the circuit's studio relationships.
Lundin will report to Carmike COO Fred Van Noy.
Most recently district distribution manager at Sony, Lundin previously was VP head film buyer at Cinemark for more than a decade and held management posts at Cannon Pictures, Litchfield Theatres, Columbia and United Artists. He began in the industry at Buena Vista Distribution in 1972.
"John brings an extensive track record of relevant industry experience to Carmike, and we are delighted he will be joining our team," Carmike chief David Passman said.
Lundin is a director of the Will Rogers Motion Pictures Pioneers Foundation and serves on the foundation's national committee.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR