Carol Burnett to Pen Memoir About Late Daughter Carrie Hamilton
The comedian will write about her eldest child's fight against cancer.
Simon and Schuster announced today that award-winning actress Carol Burnett will write a new memoir, Carrie and Me: A Mother-Daughter Love Story, about her relationship with her late daughter, Carrie Hamilton, an actress and writer who died of cancer in 2002 at the age of 38.
Publication is scheduled for April 2013.
Burnett will recount memories of raising her eldest daughter Hamilton, including her struggle with and recovery from drug addiction as a teenager along with her fight against cancer. The book also includes excerpts from Burnett's personal diary and a story written by Hamilton shortly before she died, "Sunrise in Memphis."
"This has been a labor of love for me over the years, and I'm thrilled that Simon & Schuster is going to publish it," Burnett said in a press release.
She is widely recognized for her work on stage and screen, most notably The Carol Burnett Show that ran for 11 years.
This will be the actress’ third memoir. She has penned two New York Times bestsellers, This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection and her autobiography, One More Time.
"This is a book every parent can relate to," said Trish Rodd, Vice President and Executive Editor of Simon & Schuster. "Carol tells the story with her trademark humor, brave honesty and genuine emotion. It's a book full of love."
Phyllis Wender of the Gersh Agency represented Burnett on the book deal.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother