Carol Burnett Reprises 'All My Children' Role
The actress will appear as Verla Grubbs on the ABC daytime drama this September.
Carol Burnett is returning to All My Children. ABC said Friday that the actress will reprise the role of Verla Grubbs in a few episodes this September.
Burnett first appeared as the character, the long-lost daughter of Langley Wallingford, in 1983. She returned in 1995 for the 25th anniversary of the show, and again in 2005 to mark the soap's 35th year on the air. She also hosted All My Children's 25th anniversary primetime special.
All My Children executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers said, "It is our honor and pleasure to welcome back Carol Burnett to Pine Valley. Verla Grubbs is a beloved member of the All My Children family and we look forward to reprising her character."
in 1984, Burnett had a short scene on the show with the late Elizabeth Taylor, who flitted through a dining room in bag lady attire.
Watch the scene below in which Burnett says of Tayor's character, "I think that woman's pilot light is out."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10