Carol Burnett Reprises 'All My Children' Role
The actress will appear as Verla Grubbs on the ABC daytime drama this September.
Carol Burnett is returning to All My Children. ABC said Friday that the actress will reprise the role of Verla Grubbs in a few episodes this September.
Burnett first appeared as the character, the long-lost daughter of Langley Wallingford, in 1983. She returned in 1995 for the 25th anniversary of the show, and again in 2005 to mark the soap's 35th year on the air. She also hosted All My Children's 25th anniversary primetime special.
All My Children executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers said, "It is our honor and pleasure to welcome back Carol Burnett to Pine Valley. Verla Grubbs is a beloved member of the All My Children family and we look forward to reprising her character."
in 1984, Burnett had a short scene on the show with the late Elizabeth Taylor, who flitted through a dining room in bag lady attire.
Watch the scene below in which Burnett says of Tayor's character, "I think that woman's pilot light is out."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)