Carrie Fisher Inks Deal With Jenny Craig
9:03 AM PST 1/13/2011 by THR staff
Since teaming up with the weight loss company in November, she says she's shed 12 lbs.
Carrie Fisher has been named the newest spokesperson for Jenny Craig."I'm fat," the 5'1" Fisher, 54, tells People, adding that she weighed 180 lbs. at her heaviest. "All the clothes in my closet belong to another chick. They have to make a new alphabet for my bra size." Fisher -- who weighed around 105 lbs. during her Star Wars days in the late '70s and early '80s -- says her weight escalated over the past few years when she began touring her one-woman show Wishful Drinking. She says she coped with the September death of her father, singer Eddie Fisher, by downing Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars. "That was bad," she says. "I was in denial." Since joining Jenny Craig in late November, she has shed 12 lbs in 6 weeks thanks to plan-approved meals and exercising five days a week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR