Carrie Fisher's 'Drinking' to be HBO doc
Project will include scenes from one-woman performance
Carrie Fisher's autobiographical stage production "Wishful Drinking" is coming to HBO as a feature-length documentary.
The project, produced by HBO and World of Wonder ("Heidi Fleiss: The Would-Be Madam of Crystal," "Monica in Black and White"), will combine scenes from Fisher's one-woman performance and archival footage from her life as well as interviews with her friends and family. The production tells the story of her life and struggles with substance abuse.
Fisher has been an active presence on TV in recent years, having made multiple voiceover appearances on Fox's "Family Guy" as well as guest spots on Showtime's "Weeds."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR