Carrie Underwood, Justin Bieber Among Billboard Music Award Performers
LMFAO and The Wanted will also take the stage at the May 20th show in Las Vegas.
The 2012 Billboard Music Awards are shaping up to be a one-of-a-kind event: Justin Bieber, Carrie Underwood, LMFAO and The Wanted are the first performers announced for the May 20 show, which will air from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas for the second year in a row on ABC.
Underwood's performance will come on the heels of her fourth full-length release, Blown Away, which includes the new Top 10 single "Good Girl." The country superstar's latest album follows three best-selling efforts -- 2005's Some Hearts, 2007's Carnival Ride and 2009's Play On -- that spawned smash singles like "Jesus, Take The Wheel," "Before He Cheats" and "Cowboy Casanova," and have sold a combined 12 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Meanwhile, Justin Bieber is also set to return with a hotly anticipated new album, Believe (due June 19), that has already been previewed by the irresistible lead single, "Boyfriend." The teen phenom topped the Billboard 200 chart twice last year, with his Never Say Never: The Remixes album and Under The Mistletoe holiday effort, after scoring his first No. 1 album with My World 2.0 in 2010.
Party masters LMFAO have shuffled to the top of the Hot 100 twice in the past year, with "Party Rock Anthem" and "Sexy And I Know It" -- as well as a performance alongside Madonna at the Bridgestone Super Bowl Halftime Show in February -- turning the electro-pop duo into trend-setting stars. And U.K. pop vocal group The Wanted have exploded to success in the U.S., as their hypnotizing single "Glad You Came" hitting the Top 5 of the Hot 100 and performances on American Idol and the Today show preceding their self-titled debut U.S. EP, out April 24.
More announcements are on the way, with additional acts and presenters to be revealed in the coming weeks. Last year, the Billboard Music Awards returned in grand fashion at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, with show-stopping performances by Beyonce, Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, Lady Antebellum, the Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna and Britney Spears, among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game