Carrie Underwood marries NHL player
Grammy winner wed Senators' Mike Fisher Sat. in Georgia
ATLANTA -- Grammy-winning country singer Carrie Underwood has married NHL player Mike Fisher at a resort in Georgia.
"Yes, Mike and Carrie are married," Underwood's publicist Jessie Schmidt said in an email to the Associated Press early Sunday.
The wedding took place Saturday at the Reynolds Plantation resort in Greensboro, Ga.
Underwood, 27, rose to fame after winning the fourth season of "American Idol." Fisher, 30, is a forward for the Ottawa Senators.
No details on where Underwood and Fisher will spend their honeymoon have been released.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR