Carrie Underwood, Pink, Pitbull Join American Music Awards Lineup
The performers will hit the stage on Sunday, Nov. 18, for the 40th annual show.
Carrie Underwood, Pink and Pitbull have been tapped to perform at the 40th annual American Music Awards on Sunday, Nov. 18.
The trio joins previously announced performers Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Linkin Park and Christina Aguilera for the ceremony, while additional acts and presenters are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
Fans can purchase tickets for the event, airing live on ABC from L.A.’s Nokia Theatre at 8 p.m. ET/PT, via ticketmaster now. For the sixth year, fans will also choose the night’s winners by voting online now.
The American Music Awards are a Dick Clark Productions event.
Rihanna and Minaj lead the nominees for this year’s kudos fest, earning four nominations a piece. Also represented among the contenders are Drake, Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, One Direction and Usher. Underwood and Pitbull are each up for two awards.
This year also marked the introduction of a new category for Electronic Dance Music, honoring David Guetta, Calvin Harris and Skrillex.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR