Carson Daly to Host NBC's 'The Voice'
Vocal competition show is set to premiere in the spring, offering a grand prize of a recording contract and $100,000.
Carson Daly has signed on to host NBC's upcoming talent competition series The Voice, which is set to premiere this spring.
Modeled after Holland's top-rated The Voice of Holland, the U.S. version will showcase four famous musicians and their search for the best singers in the country. The professional artists will mentor the competing singers, and America will decide which competitor will take the grand prize of a recording contract and $100,000.
"I have a true appreciation for authentic, raw talent and The Voice is all about finding that," Daly, a former MTV VJ and KROQ disc jockey, said in a statement. "This is a show based strictly on vocal performance -- giving all kinds of talented singers the opportunity to reach millions across the country."
Daly's other NBC show, Last Call with Carson Daly, is entering its tenth season.
The Voice is being produced by Talpa Productions, Mark Burnett and Warner Horizon Television.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)