Cartoon Network Buys Three Canadian Kids TV Comedies For Latin America
"Mr. Young," "Sidekick" and "Scaredy Squirrel" are headed to the Latin American and Caribbean channel.
TORONTO -- Cartoon Network Latin America has acquired three Canadian kids comedies, including the Brendan Meyer-starring live-action series Mr. Young.
The Latin American and Caribbean cable channel also picked up from international sales agent Nelvana Enterprises the cartoon series Sidekick and Scaredy Squirrel.
Both Sidekick and Scaredy Squirrel air on Cartoon Network in the U.S., and all three Canuck series are scheduled on YTV in Canada.
Sidekick also airs on Canal J in France and Italy’s K2.
Cartoon Network Latin America will debut Sidekick in October, followed by Mr. Young and Scaredy Squirrel premiering in 2012.
Mr. Young, from indie producer Thunderbird Films and created by Dan Signer (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody), portrays a whiz-kid-turned-teen genius who hit the books to get into university and 9 years-old, and now at 14 years-old returns to high school as a teacher.
Sidekick features bosom buddies training to be superhero sidekicks, while Scaredy Squirrel features an endearingly obsessive-compulsive hero squirrel that is comfortable in his fur, but full of quirks.
All three Canadian comedies were first rolled out by Nelvana Enterprises at MIPTV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10