Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'
Channel commissions new version of 1980s animated series
Cartoon Network has commissioned a new version of 1980s animated series "ThunderCats" from Warner Bros. Animation.
The update will combine swords and science with high-stakes battles as good and evil clash for the Stones of Power. The announcement comes on the heels of Cartoon Net announcing the development of another iconic action title, "Green Lantern."
WBA will partner on the project with Studio 4C, a Japanese animation studio whose credits include "The Animatrix" and "Gotham Knights."
"In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation's first anime series, 'ThunderCats' marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy," said Sam Register, executive vp creative affairs at WBA. "The realism and dynamic visual style we've achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience."
"ThunderCats" will mark the latest WBA series on Cartoon Network, joining "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" and the upcoming "The Looney Tunes Show," "MAD," "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" and "Young Justice."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR