Casey Anthony Trial: Fox News, MSNBC Apologize for Broadcasting F-Bombs
Prosecution's rebuttal included a jailhouse recording of Anthony swearing during a phone call to her mother.
The Casey Anthony murder trial is now in the hands of 12 jurors, after the prosecution completed its rebuttal of the defense’s closing arguments Monday morning. The defense rested the previous day.
The rebuttal included a jailhouse recording of a phone call between Anthony and her mother, during which Anthony used the F-word five times.
The expletives were broadcast live, and Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett interrupted the broadcast to apologize, reports Mediabistro. Fox then put the proceedings on a seven-second tape delay to prevent further problems.
MSNBC also apologized for airing the profanity, and added a tape delay.
Jury deliberation began at 12 pm eastern, with HLN and Fox continuing to broadcast into the afternoon.
HLN host Jane Velez-Mitchell spoke with a woman Monday, who had traveled from Germany to Florida for the trial. Velez-Mitchel noted the woman exemplified the extraordinary interest the case has attracted. That interest has benefited HLN, which has worked its trial coverage hard, and has been rewarded with record ratings for the network.
The deliberation is expected to go no later than 6 pm eastern Monday, and will likely continue into tomorrow. If convicted in the murder of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, Anthony could face the death penalty.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress