Casey Anthony Trial: 'Jerry Springer Show' Denies Making Million-Dollar Offer
A rep tells THR, "There is absolutely no truth to this story whatsoever."
Reports of Casey Anthony's million-dollar offer to appear on the Jerry Springer Show are greatly exaggerated.
Radar Online published an "exclusive" story Friday claiming that the now-infamous Florida resident had been offered $1 million for her first post-trial television appearance. The offer supposedly carried the caveat that she appear on the syndicated talker with her parents, Cindy and George, and her brother Lee.
The report is false.
Show publicist Gary Rosen said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, "There is absolutely no truth to this story whatsoever."
"The Jerry Springer Show has not made any monetary offer to Casey Anthony and her family to appear on the program, nor will we."
News organizations have been angling for an interview with Anthony ever since she was acquitted of the 2008 murder of her daughter Caylee on Tuesday.
And while Anthony has been unavailable, her camp and others associated with the trial, are opening up to media possibilities. ABC's Barbara Walters landed a sit-down with Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez.
And, despite a pact not to speak to the media so as not to "contribute to the sensationalism of the trial," juror Jennifer Ford spoke with ABC News. She said, "I did not say she was innocent. I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."
ABC News says it did not pay for the interview with Ford or Baez. A meter reader who stumbled upon Caylee's remains testified that the organization did, however, pay him $15,000 for a photo of a snake in exchange for his interview. The news division also paid Anthony $200,000 in 2008 to license photos.