Cash Money's Bryan 'Birdman' Williams, Ronald 'Slim' Williams Named BMI Icons
The pair will be honored at the organization's annual R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, scheduled for Aug. 22 at the Manhattan Center in New York City.
Cash Money co-CEOs Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams will be the 2013 recipients of the BMI Icon Award. The presentation will take place during BMI’s annual R&B/Hip-Hop Awards (formerly known as the BMI Urban Awards) on Aug. 22 at the Manhattan Center in New York City.
“Bryan and Ronald Williams’ creative and entrepreneurial acumen has resulted in over 20 years of global success,” stated Catherine Brewton, BMI vp, writer/publisher relations in Atlanta in a release announcing the award.
Added Ronald Williams in the same release, “This recognition is one of the greatest honors we’ve ever received. It’s something that my brother and I would’ve never been able to imagine at the genesis of our label.”
The Williams brothers join such previous BMI Icon honorees as Mariah Carey, the Jacksons, Snoop Dogg, James Brown, Isaac Hayes and Al Green.
In addition to a musical tribute to the Cash Money founders, the ceremony will include the presentation of the Social Star Award, as well as awards for the R&B/hip-hop songwriter, producer and publisher of the year. Hosts for the event: BMI president/CEO Del Bryant, Brewton and singer Ray J.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR