Cast assembles for 'Perrier's Bounty'
Murphy, Broadbent, Gleeson join Ian Fitzgibbon comedy
LONDON -- Cillian Murphy, Jim Broadbent and Brendan Gleeson have signed to star in Ian Fitzgibbon's sophomore outing "Perrier's Bounty," the producers said Thursday.
The movie, billed as a comedy thriller set in contemporary Dublin, is penned by Mark O'Rowe and revolves around three unlikely fugitives on the run from a gangster kingpin.
The film, scheduled to shoot from early November in Ireland, will be produced by Alan Moloney from Parallel Films and Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen from Number 9 Films.
Fitzgibbon's movie is backed by the Irish Film Board and the Limelight and Premiere Picture funds. Optimum Releasing prebought U.K. and Irish rights. HanWay Films will handle worldwide sales, kicking them off at the upcoming American Film Market.
Murphy is set to play the lead with Broadbent as his long-lost father. Gleeson will take the role of Perrier.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott