Casting shakeup on 'Beach Lane' pilot
There's been a shakeup on NBC comedy pilot "Beach Lane": Patton Oswalt is out of his co-starring role a few days after being cast.
The comedian was announced Monday to co-star in the multicamera project alongside Matthew Broderick and Kristen Johnston. One source said that producers have offered Oswalt another part, but it was unclear whether he is interested in staying on in a different role.
Oswalt was set to play James, a slacker with inherited wealth who's given the job of running a small newspaper in the Hamptons. He hires a renowned journalist (Broderick) to help turn around the paper.
UMS and Oswalt's reps had no comment.
Got tips on TV-industry news? Contact Hollywood Reporter TV Editor James Hibberd at email@example.com
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay