Casting shakeup on 'Beach Lane' pilot
There's been a shakeup on NBC comedy pilot "Beach Lane": Patton Oswalt is out of his co-starring role a few days after being cast.
The comedian was announced Monday to co-star in the multicamera project alongside Matthew Broderick and Kristen Johnston. One source said that producers have offered Oswalt another part, but it was unclear whether he is interested in staying on in a different role.
Oswalt was set to play James, a slacker with inherited wealth who's given the job of running a small newspaper in the Hamptons. He hires a renowned journalist (Broderick) to help turn around the paper.
UMS and Oswalt's reps had no comment.
Got tips on TV-industry news? Contact Hollywood Reporter TV Editor James Hibberd at email@example.com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game