Cate Blanchett, Mike Leigh Among Stars Participating in London 2012 Festival
Olympics-related arts event kicks off in June and also includes works by David Hockney, Toni Morrison and Gorillaz's Damon Albarn.
Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett, BAFTA-winning director Mike Leigh and Nobel and Pulitzer Prize-winning Beloved author Toni Morrison are among the international A-Listers scheduled to participate the London 2012 Festival, a 12-week arts event that will coincide with the 2012 Olympics in the U.K., reports Reuters.
Running from June 21 to September 9, the cultural program is expected to attract roughly three million attendees.
Other highlights will include an exhibition by painters David Hockney and Lucian Freud; a series of short films, including one by Leigh; a music showcase with Gorillaz singer Damon Albarn and writer Morrison; and a revamp of Gross und Klein starring Blanchett.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For