Cate Blanchett to Narrate Imax Doc 'Journey to the South Pacific'
Greg MacGillivray's adventure title is to to be released exclusively in select Imax theaters on Nov. 27, 2013.
TORONTO -- Cate Blanchett is going on a journey.
The Oscar winner and Lord of the Rings actress has signed on to narrate the Imax documentary Journey to the South Pacific from MacGillivray Freeman Films.
Greg MacGillivray's adventure doc, to be released exclusively in select Imax theaters on November 27, 2013, takes the audience to the tropical islands of remote West Papua to see life above and below the sea.
The film is the first to be released under the MacGillivray Freeman Films and Imax' multipicture pact unveiled earlier this year.
Blanchett's film credits include Blue Jasmine, Babel, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Elizabeth: The Golden Age and The Aviator, among many others.
Blanchett is represented by CAA.
Journey to the South Pacific is produced by MacGillivray Freeman Films, in association with Imax.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR