Catherine Hardwicke eyes 'Maximum Ride'
Helmer in talks with Col to adapt young-adult series
Having put her stamp on "Twilight," Catherine Hardwicke is in talks with Sony's Columbia Pictures to develop and direct a film adaptation of another young-adult fantasy series, "Maximum Ride."
The five-volume series by James Patterson chronicles six teens, known as the Flock, who are genetically altered so that they are part human and part bird. Learning to fly, they escape the laboratory where they have been housed and are pursued by a pack of creatures called the Erasers that are part human and part wolf.
Don Payne ("Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer") is writing a screenplay. Seaside Entertainment's Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul are on board as producers, with Patterson as exec producer.
Hardwicke is repped by CAA.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott