Catherine Keener Joins Music-Themed Drama 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
The actress will play Mark Ruffalo's estranged wife in the drama from the film director of "Once."
Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can a Song Save Your Life?, the music-themed drama from Once film writer-director John Carney.
Keener joines Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and Adam Levine in the production, which hails from Exclusive Media and Likely Story.
The movie sees Knightley's character move to New York to pursue her dreams of a singing career but finds herself all alone when she's dumped by her boyfriend (Levine). A down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) finds her singing in a local bar, and the two realize they may be each other’s last chance to turn their lives around.
Keener will portray a successful music writer and Ruffalo’s estranged wife.
The movie shoots in July in New York.
Likely Story's Anthony Bregman will produce the film along with Exclusive’s Tobin Armbrust. Judd Apatow is exec producing.
Keener, repped by Gersh, recently wrapped Captain Phillips, the Paul Greengrass movie about an American boat captain and his kidnapping by Somali pirates.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty