Catherine Keener Joins Music-Themed Drama 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
The actress will play Mark Ruffalo's estranged wife in the drama from the film director of "Once."
Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can a Song Save Your Life?, the music-themed drama from Once film writer-director John Carney.
Keener joines Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and Adam Levine in the production, which hails from Exclusive Media and Likely Story.
The movie sees Knightley's character move to New York to pursue her dreams of a singing career but finds herself all alone when she's dumped by her boyfriend (Levine). A down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) finds her singing in a local bar, and the two realize they may be each other’s last chance to turn their lives around.
Keener will portray a successful music writer and Ruffalo’s estranged wife.
The movie shoots in July in New York.
Likely Story's Anthony Bregman will produce the film along with Exclusive’s Tobin Armbrust. Judd Apatow is exec producing.
Keener, repped by Gersh, recently wrapped Captain Phillips, the Paul Greengrass movie about an American boat captain and his kidnapping by Somali pirates.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'