Catherine Keener joins 'Percy Jackson' film
Fox 2000 feature puts Greek gods in modern times
Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Fox 2000's "Percy Jackson," Christopher Columbus' adaptation of Rick Riordan's fantasy-adventure book series.
The books, which put Greek gods in modern times, involve Poseidon's half-human son, Percy, who is on a quest in modern America to prevent a war among the gods.
Columbus and Craig Titley wrote the adaptation.
Keener plays Percy's mother, who has battled to protect her son from otherworldly forces but has been abducted by Hades.
The actress joins a strong lineup that includes Pierce Brosnan, Uma Thurman, Sean Bean, Kevin McKidd and Melina Kanakaredes. Logan Lerman plays Percy.
Keener, who next appears in "The Soloist" with Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx, just wrapped Fox Searchlight's untitled Duplass brothers project with John C. Reilly, Jonah Hill and Marisa Tomei.
Columbus, Michael Barnathan and Karen Rosenfelt are producing "Percy," shooting in Vancouver.
Carla Hacken is overseeing for Fox 2000.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR