Catherine Keener, Toni Collette Board Fox Searchlight's Nicole Holofcener Comedy
Keener previously worked with the filmmaker on all of her features, including "Please Give" and "Friends With Money."
Catherine Keener and Toni Collette have joined Fox Searchlight’s untitled Nicole Holofcener project, which began shooting in Los Angeles Monday.
The actresses join Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini as well as Ben Falcone, Eve Hewson and fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson.
Anthony Bregman is producing the comedy.
The script centers on a divorced soon-to-be empty-nester (Louis-Dreyfus) who meets the embodiment of her perfect self (Keener). After regaining confidence vis-à-vis her new placement in life, she enters into a new romance with a like-minded man (Gandolfini). Things get complicated, however when she discovers her new love is the other’s woman’s ex.
“The folks at Fox Searchlight have wanted to work with Nicole for years and she came up with this funny, heartbreaking story about people trying to live with and without each other. It's as full of life and truth as plums in a plum pudding,” said Bregman in a statement.
Matthew Greenfield, senior vp of production and creative exec Erin Hagerty are shepherding the movie for Fox Searchlight.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game