Catherine Winder to Exit Vancouver Digital Studio Rainmaker Entertainment
The former Lucasfilm Animation exec producer joined the Canadian production house in 2009, charged with developing original family content.
TORONTO – Catherine Winder is to leave the Canadian digital studio Rainmaker Entertainment as president and executive producer.
The former Lucasfilm Animation executive producer joined the Vancouver-based animation producer in 2009, and is now set to exit on June 30 "to pursue other business opportunities.”
"Catherine has brought a creative infusion and direction to Rainmaker and we appreciate her efforts in keeping Rainmaker at the forefront in a very competitive industry,” Tim McElvaine, chairman of the board at Rainmaker Entertainment, said in a statement Tuesday.
Winder oversaw the development of original family content at Rainmaker, formerly Mainframe Entertainment, and helped expand its fee-for-work business with U.S. producers.
"I've enjoyed my time at Rainmaker. The company has a great team, and I remain highly supportive of Rainmaker and its opportunities ahead. I wish the team continued success,” Winder said in her own statement.
Her departure follows former Rainmaker CFO Bryant Pike leaving the digital studio in April 2012 to return to TV and film production with his own shingle, Vancouver-based West E! Media.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!