Former CBC Drama Exec Tom Hastings Lands at Rival Bell Media
The veteran Canadian broadcaster will help develop and produce new dramas and movies for the CTV network and a stable of cable channels.
TORONTO - Tom Hastings, who left the CBC earlier this year as creative head of drama due to drama budget chop, has landed at rival Canadian broadcaster Bell Media.
Hastings becomes a production executive in independent drama production, helping produce new dramas and movies for Bell Media’s stable of conventional and cable channels, including the top-rated CTV network.
He left the CBC when the pubcaster merged its drama and comedy divisions and unveiled a slimmed-down primetime schedule to deal with a deep chop to its annual subsidy from the federal government.
Hastings also departed after Sally Catto returned to the CBC after a stint developing Canadian scripted comedy and drama production at indie producer Cineflex Media.
At Bell Media, Hastings will report to Trish Williams, director of independent drama production.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR