CBC to Jettison U.S. Game Shows for Homegrown Fare
7:38 AM PST 1/19/2011 by By Etan Vlessing
Pubcaster to replace 'Wheel of Fortune' and 'Jeopardy!' from CBS Paramount International Television with local game or talk shows now in development.
TORONTO -- The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. (CBC) is looking to get out of U.S. syndicated game show business by replacing Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! with homegrown fare.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile