CBC Gives Pilot Order to Entertainment One's 'Leilah and Jen' Comedy (Exclusive)
The cast-contingent project is based on a script by Los Angeles-based Katie Ford from "Miss Congeniality" and will be directed by Jacob Tierney.
TORONTO – The CBC is ordering to pilot the comedy Leilah and Jen from Canadian director Jacob Tierney and indie producer Entertainment One.
The Canadian pubcaster has made its order cast-contingent, as Entertainment One is yet to confirm the cast.
The pilot script was penned by Katie Ford (Miss Congeniality), a Canadian-American screenwriter based in Los Angeles who worked on an earlier CBC comedy, Michael: Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Leilah and Jen follows two very different sisters going through different lives, and which then come to depend more on one another as they reinvent themselves to ease life crises due to life in the suburbs.
Montreal-based Tierney is best known for his film output, which includes The Trotsky and Good Neighbors.
Tierney is repped by Kishwar Iqbal at the Gary Goddard Agency.
Ford is repped by Linda Lichter at Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler and Feldman.
Sally Catto, executive director of commissioned and scripted programming at the CBC, is stick-handling the project for the pubcaster.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram