CBC Revives 'Murdoch Mysteries' Period Crime Drama
The pubcaster will air a sixth season of the Canadian drama set in 1890s Toronto that airs on Alibi in the UK and around 100 countries worldwide.
TORONTO - The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. has revived the homegrown Murdoch Mysteries drama from indie producer Shaftesbury Films for a sixth season.
The move follows the period crime drama, which stars Yannick Bisson, being chopped by rival Canadian TV network Rogers Media, which recently declared the fifth season of Murdoch Mysteries would be its last.
Shaftesbury co-produces the drama with ITV Studios Global Entertainment and Alibi in the UK, which also airs Murdoch Mysteries.
Production on a sixth season is slated to resume in spring 2012.
Murdoch Mysteries has also been sold into around 100 countries, including to China where it airs on CCTV.
Set in late 1890s Toronto, the Canadian drama features Bisson as William Murdoch, a detective who pioneers radical forensic techniques to solve local crimes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR