'CBGB' U.S. Film Rights Nabbed by XLrator Media
The movie, which stars Alan Rickman as the iconic music venue's founder Hilly Kristal, will be released in October.
XLrator Media has acquired U.S. rights to distribute CBGB, the film about the iconic New York City club that gave rise to the punk movement in America.
It will be released during the CBGB Musical Festival, which runs from Oct. 9-13 in the Big Apple.
The Randall Miller-directed film stars Alan Rickman as CBGB founder Hilly Kristal and Ashley Greene as his daughter, Lisa. Also: Malin Ackerman as Debby Harry; Rupert Grint as Cheeta Chrome; and Joel David Moore as Joey Ramone, among others.
"CBGB is one of the most iconic and authentic names in music history, and Randy’s extraordinary film is a raucously entertaining celebration of the music and artists that have defined the culture for decades," said Barry Gordon, XLrator Media CEO, in a statement Thursday. "CBGB is the rare film that will resonate with teens, millennials and legacy fans alike. The whole family can jump in the mosh pit together for this one!"
Check out the cast in the full set of CBGB character posters at the link.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack