CBS Acquires TV Guide Digital
The entertainment website will be integrated into CBS Interactive.
CBS has bought the remaining 50 percent of TV Guide Digital, including TVGuide.com, from Lionsgate.
In March, the network acquired half of the TVGN network and Digital Network from the mini-major. The digital properties will be integrated into CBS Interactive, which includes entertainment websites TV.com and Metacritic.com.
"TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile have the biggest and most-engaged audiences in the valuable TV information category, making them a perfect fit for our portfolio of premium content brands," said Jim Lanzone, president of CBS Interactive, in a news release.
Terms of the deal weren't disclosed. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter in March that CBS paid about $100 million to acquire half of the TV Guide cable network from Lionsgate.
TVGuide.com, according to CBS, attracts 16.5 million monthly unique visitors.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR