CBS Alum Terry Wood Heads to Mark Burnett's One Three Media
UPDATED: The former CBS Television Distribution exec has been named president of unscripted and original syndication at the company behind "The Voice" and "Shark Tank."
Mark Burnett and Hearst Corp.'s One Three Media has tapped Terry Wood as president of unscripted and original syndication.
The veteran television and creative executive most recently had served as president of creative affairs and development at CBS Television Distribution, where she worked on such syndicated powerhouses as Dr. Phil, Rachael Ray, The Insider and The Doctors.
“I have known and admired Terry for many years,” Burnett said at the time of the . “She is a personal friend and a top-level producer with an unparalleled track record of success with quality programming -- which is very important in differentiating television storytelling today. She is a perfect fit for One Three as we expand our business into 2013.”
One Three Media is producing five unscripted series on the broadcast networks, including ratings powerhouses The Voice and Shark Tank. The Celebrity Apprentice, Survivor and The Job also are on Burnett's roster.
"He pitched me shows in my old job, and we just forged a great respect for one another over the years," Wood tells The Hollywood Reporter of her and Burnett's rapport. "We both love winning, and we both love being the first to come up with something, making it a hit and keeping it around for a long time."
Woods says she and Burnett have been kicking the tires on several syndicated endeavors for some time now, but when she officially starts at One Three in January, she'll also be turning her eye towards primetime.
"We're looking to the places that we think we could work based on the experience of the team there," she adds, noting that she's especially fond of The Voice. "I think there's some reimagining that needs to go on in the big three of the unscripted genre: competition, relationship and behavior. What's the new dynamic that hasn't been done?"
Wood's move to One Three comes after the May hiring of HBO's Anne Thomopoulos as president of scripted.
“We now have two of the most talented and experienced executives in the industry running the creative idea origination through production for our company," Burnett said. "We are poised for enormous growth without compromising quality."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)