CBS Commissions British Format Show ‘The Audience’ for U.S. Market
ITV Studios sells fresh format that sees one individual at a crossroads in life followed by 50 ordinary people looking to work out what the person should do.
LONDON – U.S. network CBS has commissioned a pilot of a brand new format from ITV Studios which sees an individual at a crossroads opening up every corner of their life to an audience of 50 ordinary people who follow them around constantly for a week to find out where the trouble really lies.
Developed by indie production banner The Garden, ITV Studios also sealed deals for the format show The Audience to France and the Netherlands.
ITV Studios America produced a pilot for CBS and French broadcaster TF1 has commissioned a series from ITV Studios France.
In addition ITV Studios Global Entertainment has closed a deal with RTL 4 in the Netherlands.
Paul Buccieri, managing director ITV Studios International and CEO ITV Studios America said: “The Garden have devised a fantastic concept with The Audience in which the wisdom of the crowd is used to get to the bottom of one individual’s personal dilemma. This is an idea which very naturally crosses cultural and geographical borders as well as visually bringing something special to the screen. We are looking forward to working with our broadcast partners to start production on this unique idea around the world.”
The Garden’s chief executive Nick Curwin said: "We've been passionate about this idea for two years now and it's taken that long to develop it and pilot it. So it's hugely rewarding to see others start to share our passion for The Audience and we can't wait to see all the international versions."
In the U.K. the show is currently in production by The Garden for Channel 4.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack