CBS Corp. Shares Hit 52-Week High
Better-than-expected quarterly earnings and a dividend increase reported after the market close on Tuesday boost the stock.
NEW YORK – Shares of CBS Corp. soared on Wednesday and set a new 52-week high after the company’s better-than-expected first-quarter earnings report and news that it would double its dividend Tuesday afternoon.
The stock gained more than it has gained in a single day in 21 months, according to Bloomberg. CBS shares went as high as $27.72, a 52-week high, in early trading. At the end of the day, the stock was up 7.8 percent at $27.21. That gave the company a market value of $18.36 billion, according to Bloomberg.
Meanwhile, the stocks of Time Warner, which reported latest results early Wednesday, and Comcast, which had provided its first-quarter results Tuesday afternoon, closed lower on Wednesday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR