CBS 'Early Show' Ousts Harry Smith, Maggie Rodriguez, Dave Price
Chris Wragge and Erica Hill, who lead the Saturday show, will be promoted to daily anchors. Good Morning America's Marysol Castro take over weather.
NEW YORK - The CBS News Early Show is getting a new anchor team in 2011.
Starting Jan. 3, Erica Hill and Chris Wragge, co-anchors of the Saturday edition of The Early Show since 2008, will be the new co-anchors of the morning show. Hill also has been news anchor for the show since January. Jeff Glor will serve as the news anchor after the shuffle.
Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC's Good Morning America weekend edition, will join the team as weather anchor.
Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez are out as co-anchors as is weather anchor Dave Price.
Smith will focus on news in a new role as substitute anchor on various shows. Rodriguez and Price will also stay with CBS News with details of new assignments being worked out.
The appointments were announced by Sean McManus, president of CBS News and Sports, and David Friedman, the executive producer of the Early Show.
"The Early Show' is an important element of CBS News," McManus said. "We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!