'CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley' Taps Executive Producer
Patricia Shelvin joins the program effective June 6, the first day of the broadcast.
Patricia Shelvin has been tapped as executive producer of CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley, CBS News president David Rhodes said Wednesday.
Shelvin’s appointment is effective June 6, the first day of the program’s broadcast.
She has served as executive producer of CBS Evening News Weekend Editions since January 2000. Shelvin, who has won eight News Emmys, joined CBS News in 1973 and was a producer of CBS Evening News from 1989-91. She also served as senior producer on CBS Evening News With Dan Rather.
It was made official May 3 that 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley would be taking over for Katie Couric, who announced that she would depart from CBS Evening News at the end of her contract.
CBS on Wednesday also named Batt Humphreys interim executive producer of The Early Show, replacing David Friedman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera