CBS Films to Distribute 'Gambit' in U.S.
Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz star in the art heist remake, written by Joel and Ethan Coen.
CBS Films is picking up U.S. distribution rights to Gambit, the Coen Bros.-scripted remake of the 1966 British art heist movie, to star newly-crowned Oscar winner Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz.
Michael Hoffman, who last directed The Last Station, is helming the pic, which will shoot in London this May.
Mike Lobell is producing alongside Crime Scene Pictures partners Adam Ripp and Rob Paris, who are also financing. Rizal Risjad is executive producing.
The film is based the 1966 comedic thriller starring Shirley MacLaine and Michael Caine about a London art curator (Firth) who enlists a Texas Rodeo Queen (Diaz) in a scheme to con the richest man in England.
CAA, which set up financing for the project, and attorney Philip Elway negotiated the deal with CBS Films.
FilmNation Entertainment is handling international sales.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR