CBS Films finds helmer for 'Beastly' thrills
Daniel Barnz to direct and write high school fable
CBS Films is moving forward on supernatural high-school tale "Beastly," bringing on Daniel Barnz to helm and write the picture.
Based on Alex Flinn's young-adult novel of the same name, the high school fable centers on a popular but arrogant teenage boy who is turned into a monster by a witch in his class and must find true love to break the curse.
Producers are seeking a young heartthrob to play the lead role.
Susan Cartsonis will produce, and Roz Wesiberg will co-produce. Maria Faillace will oversee for CBS Films.
The Endeavor-repped Barnz, who wrote Sundance coming-of-age drama "Phoebe in Wonderland," is attached to pen "Under and Alone," a Southern California gang tale set up at Warners.
"Beastly" was the first project to be put into development by Amy Baer's CBS Films, with the option of the Harper Teen book announced in December 2007.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game