CBS Films Names Maria Faillace Exec VP Production
Two days after naming Terry Press and Wolfgang Hammer to the top positions of CBS Films, the company has promoted Maria Faillace to executive vp production.
In the newly created post, Faillace, who was senior vp, will oversee production for the company’s projects that are developed in-house, as opposed to acquisitions.
CBS Films is known for its success in the acquisitions field, notably with the recent hits The Woman in Black and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. But the company also has been ramping up in-house production and is in early preproduction on Last Vegas, which has Michael Douglas attached to star.
As production senior vp, Faillance oversaw the recently wrapped Takashi Shimizu’s horror thriller 7500 as well as the comedy Get a Job, directed by Dylan Kidd.
Before CBS, she worked at Fox 2000, spending eight years at the division and working on movies such as In Her Shoes, Fever Pitch and All About Steve.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed