CBS Films Names Maria Faillace Exec VP Production
Two days after naming Terry Press and Wolfgang Hammer to the top positions of CBS Films, the company has promoted Maria Faillace to executive vp production.
In the newly created post, Faillace, who was senior vp, will oversee production for the company’s projects that are developed in-house, as opposed to acquisitions.
CBS Films is known for its success in the acquisitions field, notably with the recent hits The Woman in Black and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. But the company also has been ramping up in-house production and is in early preproduction on Last Vegas, which has Michael Douglas attached to star.
As production senior vp, Faillance oversaw the recently wrapped Takashi Shimizu’s horror thriller 7500 as well as the comedy Get a Job, directed by Dylan Kidd.
Before CBS, she worked at Fox 2000, spending eight years at the division and working on movies such as In Her Shoes, Fever Pitch and All About Steve.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"