CBS and ION Partner on Canadian Flashpoint Drama
CBS gets behind U.S. syndication deal with ION to assure a fourth season of the Canadian cop drama.
TORONTO -- The Canadian producers of Flashpoint have enlisted CBS and ION to help bank-roll an upcoming fourth season of the homegrown cop drama.
Flashpoint exec producers Anne Marie La Traverse and Bill Mustos on Monday confirmed a U.S. syndication deal with ION that will see the U.S. channel air all 51 episodes of Flashpoint after CBS broadcasts an upcoming 13-episode run made up of six episodes leftover from the third season and another seven from the upcoming fourth season of the drama.
Canadian broadcaster CTV assured Flashpoint a fourth season by ordering 18 more episodes of the police procedural about an elite force in Toronto that deals with hostage standoffs and other crisis situations.
Flashpoint, which is shot in Toronto, is produced by Pink Sky Entertainment and Avamar Entertainment, in association with CTV and CBS Television Studios.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR