CBS Makes Huge Blunder, Reports Steve Jobs Dead
The news organization's "What's Trending" web series issued an apology after Tweeting the Apple co-founder had died.
CBS Internet-news show What's Trending had to issue an embarrassing public apology after incorrectly tweeting that Apple's Steve Jobs had died.
"Apologies- reports of Steve Job's death completely unconfirmed. Live on." said the official What's Trending Twitter account.
The show's host, Shira Lazar also took to her Twitter to ask for forgiveness. "On behalf of all of us at @disruptgroup we sincerely apologize for the inaccuracy that was tweeted earlier today.-EP/ Host@WhatsTrending," she wrote.
The Apple founder, who has been battling complications relating to pancreatic cancer for years, recently stepped down from his post as CEO, saying "I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR