CBS Makes Huge Blunder, Reports Steve Jobs Dead
The news organization's "What's Trending" web series issued an apology after Tweeting the Apple co-founder had died.
CBS Internet-news show What's Trending had to issue an embarrassing public apology after incorrectly tweeting that Apple's Steve Jobs had died.
"Apologies- reports of Steve Job's death completely unconfirmed. Live on." said the official What's Trending Twitter account.
The show's host, Shira Lazar also took to her Twitter to ask for forgiveness. "On behalf of all of us at @disruptgroup we sincerely apologize for the inaccuracy that was tweeted earlier today.-EP/ Host@WhatsTrending," she wrote.
The Apple founder, who has been battling complications relating to pancreatic cancer for years, recently stepped down from his post as CEO, saying "I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!