CBS Makes Huge Blunder, Reports Steve Jobs Dead
The news organization's "What's Trending" web series issued an apology after Tweeting the Apple co-founder had died.
CBS Internet-news show What's Trending had to issue an embarrassing public apology after incorrectly tweeting that Apple's Steve Jobs had died.
"Apologies- reports of Steve Job's death completely unconfirmed. Live on." said the official What's Trending Twitter account.
The show's host, Shira Lazar also took to her Twitter to ask for forgiveness. "On behalf of all of us at @disruptgroup we sincerely apologize for the inaccuracy that was tweeted earlier today.-EP/ Host@WhatsTrending," she wrote.
The Apple founder, who has been battling complications relating to pancreatic cancer for years, recently stepped down from his post as CEO, saying "I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'