CBS News President Slams 'Early Show' for Poor News Judgment: 'Get With It'
David Rhodes sends an email minutes after the Monday show asking, “Where’s our reporting?”
New CBS News president David Rhodes criticized the Early Show for their failure to follow up on news broken by the network.
Rhodes said in an email acquired by the New York Post minutes after their “bad Monday morning” show of what should have happened.
“We broke major news,” he said, noting specifically Greg Mortenson’s Three Cups of Tea scandal, Paul Allen’s “true feelings” about Bill Gates, Rep. Paul Ryan’s comments about Face the Nation and a Jerry Seinfeld interview that aired on CBS Sunday Morning.
“Let's get with it. Where’s our reporting? Make sure it’s in our show,” he wrote.
The email was also sent to 60 Minutes executive editor Bill Owens, 48 Hours executive producer Susan Zirinsky, CBS Sunday Morning’s Rand Morrison, vice president Ingrid Ciprian-Matthews and national editor Bill Felling.
An Early Show rep declined to comment to the Post.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'