CBS Extends Deal With Pro7Sat.1 (Exclusive)
German broadcaster locks up "Navy CIS" and other CBS hits for the next three years.
BERLIN -- CBS has extended its volume licensing deal with German broadcast giant Pro7Sat.1, signing a new 3-year deal giving Pro7 German-speaking rights to all of CBS' series, including third- party productions. CBS shows, particularly Navy crime procedural NCIS, are some of the top-rated on German TV.
"We are delighted to have extended our partnership with CBS," Rudiger Boss, head of acquistions for ProSiebenSat.1 told THR. "CBS has been the number one channel in the U.S. for what, ten years now? This deal means we are assured of a steady supply of great quality shows, like Navy CIS, which guarantee ratings for our flagship channel SAT.1. And we have the first pick of new series CBS produces, whether for their own channel or for others."
The CBS deal fits into Pro7's strategy of focusing almost entirely on U.S series and feature films, along with a few reality formats such as Top Model, to stock its four German free-to-air channels. The group has a similar volume deal with CBS sister studio Paramount Pictures.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR