CBS Greenlights Modern Sherlock Holmes, Legal Drama to Pilot
The network is moving forward with projects from "A Gifted Man's" Sarah Timberman and "Journeyman's" Kevin Falls.
CBS has kicked off what is expected to be a busy week by ordering two drama projects to pilot.
The first, Elementary, is a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes, with the detective now living in New York City.
Robert Doherty will write and executive produce the CBS TV Studios project, with CBS vet Sarah Timberman (A Gifted Man, Unforgettable) and Carl Beverly on board as executive producers.
Then there's Baby Big Shot, a legal drama that centers on a working-class woman who uses her street smarts to compete with her more polished colleagues at a top New York law firm.
The project is being written and co-executive produced by Dana Calvo (Franklin & Bash), with Kevin Falls (West Wing, Journeyman) on board as executive vp and showrunner. Jamie Tarses will also serve as an EP on the project, which hails from her Fanfare shingle and Sony Pictures Television.
Falls and Tarses are repped by WME; Calvo, Timberman and Beverly are repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR