CCTV acquires 'Murdoch Mysteries'
To air Canadian drama in int'l block, 'Everyday Jiayi'
TORONTO -- Chinese broadcaster CCTV has acquired “Murdoch Mysteries” from Canadian producer Shaftesbury Films.
The state-owned broadcaster acquired the Canadian drama series for its CCTV-8 service, reaching into 200 million homes.
The first two seasons of the series set in 1890’s Toronto will be dubbed into Mandarin to air in an international drama programming block, “Everyday Jiayi.”
Murdoch Mysteries airs on Citytv in Canada and UKTV’s Alibi, and has been sold into 100 territories worldwide by ITV Studios Global Entertainment, which shops the drama outside of Canada and Britain.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10