Cecchi Gori names Niels Juul CEO
Efforts to restructure company underway
Producer Vittorio Cecchi Gori has named Niels Juul as temporary CEO of Cecchi Gori Pictures. Juul, a partner in the international brand recovery firm Nofatego, will be charged with restructuring the company and recovering lost assets.
Cecchi Gori, producer of such films as "Life is Beautiful" and "Il Postino," has been battling financial problems and bankruptcy proceedings.
"The Cecchi Gori name is a great brand with a history and integrity that means something in this industry, and I'm looking forward to bringing that name back to the forefront," Juul said.
Cecchi Gori Pictures most recently co-produced "Everybody’s Fine," starring Robert De Niro, and co-produced Fernando Trueba's "The Dancer and The Thief" (El baile de la Victoria).
"The last few years have been very trying for me and my family, but with the assistance of trusted friends we have prevailed in a very hostile environment," Cecchi Gori said. "With the results that our great team of lawyers and Niels have achieved, I have renewed hope that we will go back to what my father and I have done with passion and honor for 50 years…making beautiful movies."
Juul will be based in Los Angeles at Paramount Studios. Cecchi Gori Pictures also owns the Fine Arts Theatre, which is currently under renovation, on Wilshire Blvd. in Beverly Hills.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack