‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Star Richard Hatch Reports Back to Prison
10:48 AM PDT 3/14/2011 by Mark Cina
He shows up in a blue sweat suit to begin a nine-month sentence for failing to pay taxes on his $1 million Survivor prize.
Clad in a blue sweat suit, Richard Hatch turned himself in to U.S. marshals in Rhode Island Monday to begin a nine-month prison sentence for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million Survivor prize.Hatch, who now stars on NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice, arrived at U.S. District Court in Providence just after noon Monday, reports the AP. He served more than three years in prison for tax evasion before being released in 2009. He has been serving a three-year term of supervised release and was supposed to re-file his 2000 and 2001 taxes and pay what he owed, but he never did. Hatch now owes an estimated $2 million to the IRS on the Survivor winnings and other income, including penalties. The reality star, who maintains his innocence, has appealed to the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston. "I hope I'm released soon," Hatch said, according to the AP. "But this system is not effective in dealing with the truth. As always, I'll comply with whatever I'm asked to do and continue my pursuit of exoneration."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR