Celebs Set to Tee It Up at Bob Hope Classic
Nigel Lythgoe, Kurt Russell, Entourage's Jerry Ferrara, Tom Dreesen and Bo Jackson are among celebrities from the worlds of entertainment and sports set to participate in the 52nd annual Bob Hope Classic this month.
The PGA event takes place Jan. 19-23 on four courses in the La Quinta, Calif., area. Celebs play with the pros during the first four rounds of the 90-hole event in a tradition that dates to 1960.
Also scheduled to play are actors William Devane, Craig T. Nelson, Rob Morrow, Peter Gallagher, Scott Wolf, Joel Gretsch, Kevin Nealon, Gary Valentine and John O'Hurley, comedian Ron White and Tony Dovolani of Dancing With the Stars.
Musicians ready to tee it up include Alice Cooper, Tommy Thayer, Steve Cropper, Steve Azar, Don Felder and Pat Green.
Participants from the world of sports include Evan Longoria and Greg Maddux from baseball; Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk, Bruce Smith, Sterling Sharpe and Willie Gault from football; George Gervin from basketball; figure skater Scott Hamilton; 1985 Indianapolis 500 winner Danny Sullivan; and broadcaster Ann Liguori.
Dreesen will make his 17th consecutive Bob Hope appearance and 20th overall, joining Hope, Andy Williams, Glen Campbell, Johnny Bench, Gerald Ford, Gary Morton and Lawrence Welk as the only celebs to play 20 years at the tournament.
In 51 years, the Hope has donated nearly $49 million to charities throughout the Coachella Valley.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)