Celine Dion Cancels 10 More Shows in Las Vegas
Singer has a weakened vocal cord and is told to rest for the next six to eight weeks.
Celine Dion has been diagnosed with weakness in her right vocal cord and has canceled 10 performances through March 18 at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, she announced Tuesday.
Dion, whose next show was set for Saturday, is scheduled to return June 9 with her next round of performances through Aug. 19.
Following difficulties that she experienced with her voice last week — resulting in other canceled performances — Dion flew to Los Angeles on Monday and was examined by Gerald Berke at UCLA Medical Center. Berke is a leading international authority on laryngeal physiology.
Berke diagnosed the Canadian songstress with weakness in her right vocal cord, secondary to a viral illness, and prescribed six to eight weeks of voice rest.
"I tried to sing at my sound check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever," Dion said in a statement. “We thought that after a few days rest I would improve, but it wasn’t getting any better. … I guess it was worse than I thought.
“[Berke] identified what was causing the problems I was having, and he assured me that with the amount of rest he prescribed, I would be back to 100 percent. Obviously, this is the worst thing for a singer, not being able to do your shows. I feel worse knowing that I’m disappointing my fans. I’m so sorry, I hope they forgive me.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead