Celine Dion Announces Recovery From Vocal Cord Inflammation, Vegas Return Date
After canceling several shows, the singer plans to return to the Colosseum at Caesars Palace on June 9.
After canceling more than 10 performances of her show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas due to inflammation of her vocal cords, Celine Dion tells fans she’s on the mend and returning to the show starting Saturday, June 9.
"During this recovery period, so many fans, many of whom were inconvenienced by the cancelled shows, have posted kind words of encouragement on my website,” Dion says on her official website. “I'm so grateful for their thoughts and their support....more than they'll ever know.”
The Canadian singer’s doctor at the UCLA Medical Clinic, Professor Gerald Berke, says the prescribed rest has strengthened her vocal cords and expects her full recovery within four weeks.
In April, she’ll begin working on her new French and English albums. And she’ll be back for her Vegas show’s next run from June 9 through August 19.
In late February, Dion announced that she was suffering from a weakness in her right vocal cord and had to cancel shows due to prescribed rest.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)