Center for Communication to honor Jeff Zucker
The outgoing NBC Universal president and CEO will receive award Nov. 1
NEW YORK -- Timing is everything.
The Center for Communication will honor outgoing NBC Universal president and CEO Jeff Zucker during its 30th annual award luncheon on Nov. 1, according to the center's Website.
The awards luncheon, set for Manhattan's Pierre Hotel, is traditionally a roast and bestows the Frank Stanton Award for excellence on a big name from the media world.
This year's luncheon chairs are NBC Universal Sports & Olympics chairman Dick Ebersol and Universal boss Ron Meyers.
Expected speakers are "Saturday Night Live" founder Lorne Michaels, Katie Couric, Mark Feuerstein, Matt Lauer and Brian Williams.
Comcast is awaiting a regulatory decision on its planned acquisition of NBC Universal by year's end or early in 2011.
Zucker recently said he has agreed to leave his post following a suggestion from cable giant Comcast, which is replacing him with Comcast COO Steve Burke. The decision for the annual Center awards honor tends to be made earlier in the year.
Previous award honorees include Charlie Rose and BET chairman Debra Lee. In a similar instant as this year, in 2006, Tom Freston was honored at a well-received and much-discussed Center luncheon after he had been fired from his post as Viacom CEO.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!